Hike Wallet Crosses 10 Million Transactions Per Month

Homegrown messaging app Hike Messenger on Thursday announced that its Hike Wallet has crossed 10 million transactions per month, growing 100 percent month-over-month.

Of the 10 million transactions, 70 percent were on recharge and the remaining 30 percent on peer-to-peer (P2P), the company said in a statement.

Hike is planning to add more services like cab bookings, bus, train, movie tickets and pay bills in the first quarter of 2018.

According to Kavin Bharti Mittal, Founder and CEO, Hike Messenger, “The growth on the Wallet has been tremendous and honestly we’re just getting started. On the back of this growth, we’ve launched an updated design to make it easier to discover and transact with services on Hike. It’s also become quite clear to us that our users want more services. So we’re heads down working hard to bring things like booking taxis, movie tickets and more to the platform. Expect these to start rolling out as early as next quarter.”

Hike Messenger, Airtel Payments Bank Collaborate on Digital Wallet

Earlier this month, Hike added social features to Groups. These features include the ability to vote, split bills, create checklists, schedule events with reminders, and even play ‘teen patti‘.

The first of the new social features, Vote, will let the user create a poll within the group chat with a single tap. The new Bill Split on Hike allows users to share bills with their friends on the group, and then receive money via the Hike Wallet. The Checklist feature is self-explanatory, while the Events with Reminders feature uses the group’s dedicated calendar.

Written with inputs from IANS

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *